View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #190
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Here is a response I received through BFXAUTO from Savini about my wheels. While I have no clue what all these number mean or how they are dreived from it looks great. Woohoo, NOT. In all honesty as long as they don't vibrate I do not care what the number say. I do find it intersting they SAY they found a FLAT spot on the inner parts of one wheel froma SUPPOSED pot hole. LMAO.

I guess I am "Dear Valued Customer" John would have sufficed but I guess the form letter is another sign, just fill in the blanks.

From those who have seen my car, especially at Fbodygathering , they know this is a joke. I got my car on July 1, 2009 and have a grand total of 9200 miles, ZERO track time and the most stress that my car has seen has been on a dyno. I know people really find in hard to believe but we really do have paved roads in ALABAMA, Really we do AND we don't jump creeks and rivers on Friday nights for fun. Not all of us live in trailers and have seen UFO's, I actually have all my teeth, wear shoes and have a job.

If these wheel dent from normal driving WELL that should tell you all you need to know about these High Dollar Custom Forged Wheels. YEAH RIGHT. But enjoy.

Dear valued customer,

First of all, I would like to send our sincere apology for having such an issue with our product. We always strive to stand by our product and offer the customer services that you deserve. I understand your frustration on this incident and want offer you our full support and also let you know what we found on the wheels.

When we got the wheels we have demounted the tires and ran a run out test and here is what we found on the wheels as is:

Wheels Reviewed Summary

Run out Reading (mm) Centerbore (mm)

Inner Rim Outer Rim C.B.

1st wheel
0.58mm 0.50mm 67.0mm

2nd Wheel
0.30mm 0.60mm 67.0mm

3rd Wheel
0.50mm 0.34mm 67.0mm

4th Wheel
0.46mm 0.33mm 67.0mm

The maximum run out limit we allow is set at maximum 0.60mm (industry standard) in radial and lateral for both inner and outer. I have highlighted the ones that are close to the maximum reading. We also found that on the first wheel, inner rim has a flat spot at the flange and we went and replaced to the brand new part at our expense. We do not know if you had hit a pot hole, or damaged in any way but we went and replaced with new parts at free of charge. Looking at the original reading and also checked the centerbore and they all pass at what the fitment suppose to be at. The centerbore was at question but all 4 centerbore are at consistant 67.0mm diameter. We have taken apart of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd wheels and have replaced parts and new bolts and make the run out even better. And this is the final run out reading .

Run out Reading (mm) Centerbore (mm)

Inner Rim Outer Rim C.B.

1st wheel
0.40mm 0.38mm 67.0mm

2nd Wheel
0.41mm 0.30mm 67.0mm

3rd Wheel
0.38mm 0.28mm 67.0mm

4th Wheel
0.46mm 0.33mm 67.0mm

We are currently waiting for the seal to set (it takes min 36hrs to seal) and once it is sealed, then we can remount the tires and send it back to you. We will be able to remount the tires by Aug-11 Thursday and ship to you 2 day air and will be at your place by Monday. We apologize for the delay but we want to make sure that you are happy with all the review and balance of the wheels when you get them back.

We are confident that you will not have issues with our wheels when you get back, so let us know what you find.

Once again, we thank you for your patience and working with us to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Lawrence
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote