View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #9
spd98

Drives: had a goat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Traction control will not bog the motor any more than you getting off the gas to re-establish traction. I have never had one stall the engine till it died... the reason it seems to bog is that you have your foot to the floor and the computer cuts power to the engine just enough to regain traction. My HHR will still spin the tires but it will regain traction quickly and without much fanfare. If you are a driver that just likes to plant your foot and don't want your tires to go up in smoke you should use the traction control. but if you have good throttle control you can turn it off and get better times. Even with it on, if you can launch without breaking traction you will get better times than just stomping the gas either way.
Oh yes it most certainly will. It will not work during a burnout. Look at the g8's and the GTO's happens all the time. I have seen more than a few die in the waterbox (manuals only). I may actually have a video of a friend of mine doing it in my GTO (he forgot to turn it off).
spd98 is offline   Reply With Quote