Old 03-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #78
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ok.

So went to two shops. Both shops said no. Mainly because of the way my headers are bent at the ends and how far they come back. Pics below you can see them. But even if they weren't, the auto tranny leaves not enough room for how low my car sits. Which is non-negotiable. My car stays at it's current height.

We walked under the entire car and looked at every config possible using the current exhaust. One guy said he could get some pipe and build me a system that fit and flowed right but it would end up costing me big and he would not warranty it. He said he liked the noweeds system at that point.

One shop said forget it. They wouldn't even accept the responsibility of how tight it was. The other said they'll do it the way I tell them against their better judgement but as soon as I drive off it's mine.

Every config had them hanging too low or facing each other leaving little or no room for a turndown.

Back side of the S pipes like the QTP rectangle ones posted earlier in this thread are the ONLY option outside of noweeds. Showed them a pic of the rectangle QTP and how it was welded in to the side and he said maybe on a 3" exhaust but he wouldn't fool with it with mine. The one guy said being a right angle out he didn't like that idea anyway. Even cutting the X pipe he said they'd have to bend the pipes to get them to catch up at the new joints because the center X pipe section bends up and then back down in the middle.

My perfect storm of no dice is the type of headers the auto tranny and Borla exhaust is so bent up. Bottom line is both agreed that they'd have to redo too much on this exhaust.

Both shops suggested putting them in the rear by the mufflers.

So there you have it. Mobile Alabama.

Attachment 345191

Attachment 345192

Attachment 345193

Attachment 345194

Attachment 345195

Attachment 345196

Attachment 345197
I could make them fit with no problem.

seriously. looking at those pics of your whole system... I could make it fit, and not rattle, and still have ground clearance, not cost you an arm and a leg, no welds (unless you wanted them), and clear the trans brace

also... you could have the option of mounting them right behind the S pipes... your 3rd and last pic shows the best view

Quote:
And idea of the noweeds clearance from member AngelSpeedFreak

ummm... he doesnt have long tube headers tho...

Quote:
From Canadian Camaro

Clearance looks pretty good.

where was the camera situated in that shot? under the car? right under the rocker pnl? camera doesnt give you full perspective.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote