View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 01:15 AM   #1
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Rants about the Thursday Night Cruise + Mid atl. Cara.

Haven't seen a decent rant yet so I'll start.

Loved the idea of the cruise. The Indianapolis PD did a spectacular job.

Those hazard lights though...wow. Coming from an ex-leo... that was ABSOLUTELY unacceptable. The danger we brought to the high way was outrageous. I witness 3 very near misses including one of my own.

I was cruising...I had my lady in the car. I did not say but maybe 10 words to her that entire cruise. I was too focused on the car in front of me. Even at that...I nearly rear ended a ZL1. Someone 2 cars in front of him slammed on their breaks...started a chain reaction...next thing I know I was sideways looking at the median. I was paying full attention the whole time. I made sure I had a nice gap for a bail out on both sides the whole trip.

Then when regular motorist got behind some Camaros with the hazards on...that was even worse. I saw many many close calls.

I think this was just a mistake on someones part. They just didn't think of what could happen. I understand. It was probably the IPD.

Mid-Atlantic Caravan.

Unacceptable. Cruising at a constant 80 mph. Completely dangerous. I am disappointed in how this went (edog...organization was great. You did a spectacular job man). Just because there are 100 of us does not mean we are above the law, as we obviously learned. It took one person calling 9-1-1 and the entire local Indiana State Patrol post started tearing us apart. How many of us were pulled over? 7-10? That accident was great also. From what I heard it sounded like a young driver not paying attention (texting?).

For those of you who did not hear about this. We had someone call the ISP on us and they sent a load of troopers after us and tore the caravan apart. Also in the chaos there was an accident involving 4 Camaros. Just use this as an example when you are cruising with your friends or running with 100 Camaros next fest. Just use your brain. You show off more when you go slow (the speed limits).

Last edited by AdamZ; 08-05-2012 at 01:26 AM.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote