View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #144
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 2010 Camaro View Post
I have a 2010 Camaro 1LT that I have installed C-6 Corvette Wheels using billet wheel adapters with a bolt circle dia. change from the Camaro 120mm. bolt circle to the 4.750 bolt circle of the Corvette.

The Corvette wheel sizes I am using are a 19 by 10 in. wheel for the rear, and an 18 by 8.5 in. wheel for the front. The factory OEM wheel offsets for the car with the optional 19 by 8 in. wheel are 38mm.

Using a 34 mm. wheel adapter for the rear wheel gives you a NEW wheel offset of 45mm. and using a 26mm. wheel adapter for the front wheels gives you a NEW wheel offset of 30mm.

With a CHANGE of only 8mm. offset in the front,and a CHANGE of only 7mm. in the rear,both of the new wheel offsets are less than 3/8 ths. of an in.

With the Corvette wheels installed on the car, you cannot tell that there has been an offset change, and the new set up looks fantastic.

My question is, will changing the factory wheel offsets from 38mm. to 45mm. in the rear, and 30mm. in the front cause uneven tire wear to the inside or outside corners of the tires?

My son who drives a 2006 CTS-V Cadillac is telling me that because you are changing the TOE SETTINGS it will, and that a four wheel laser alighnment WILL be necessary to prevent the uneven tire wear.

To those of you out there who are afraid or using wheel adapters , I had them on my Lingenfelter built 2003 Corvette ZO6 with 570 HP. at the flywheel, and 502 hp. at the drive wheels for over 5 years, and NEVER had an issue with them. By the way the car saw many track day with speeds in excess of 130 mph. Make SURE you are using a high quality BILLET wheel adapter, and that is installed correctly,and check the ALL of the lug nuts using the correct TORQUE OFTEN!

Any help with the uneven tire wear question do to the NEW wheel offsets, would be much appreciated.

All The Best,

Red 2010 Camaro

dwparrish2003@yahoo.com
When you change wheel offsets you are changing the scrub radius. With the change you have or have planned I wouldn't worry about it. Get your 5th Gen aligned to a tight spec Pedders Aggressive Street. Enjoy.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote