View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #133
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
It's pretty simple really-

I use:

[PID.6512.PSI]-([PID.51.PSI]-[PID.11.PSI])

In other words:

Rail_Pressure = Delta_Pressure_Injector-(Atmospheric_Pressure - MAP_Pressure)

I won't get into the crappy choice of variable names, but essentially Rail_Pressure is that 58psi goal the fuel system aspires to keep by varying Delta_Pressure_Injector for the conditions of Atmospheric_Pressure and MAP_Pressure. This should be obvious when you consider a normally aspirated car at WOT: MAP values approach atmospheric and that term on the right gets very close to zero, and the data logs will show that Delta_Pressure_Injector get very close to 58 psi

HP Tuner variables can automatically switch to a desired units by specifying the units after the PID in programming struct fashion, ie - variable.<units>, which is important in this case because we always look at MAP and atmospheric pressure values in kPa, but for fuel, we look at lbf/in2.
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
'Mo's Seemingly Endless Build Thread
ducatisl is offline   Reply With Quote