View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopote View Post
My dealer couldn't find any problem; they had the car for 4 days and ran several diagnostics in the shop. I told them to take the car for a ride to see if they could duplicate the problem on traffic conditions, but they had no luck. They did mention there's a bulletin from GM saying that if you use the defroster, the recycling function may fail. The only temporary solution is to push the recycling button twice to force the outside ventilation inlet to close.
Holy crap they had your car for 4 days? I seem to notice it more when the car is 1st started but like I said not all the time, today there was no smell at all. What do you think it smells like? Sometimes I think it's an exhaust smell but sometimes it almost smells like a burning smell.

Also you should add the word "smell" to your topic title as that may get more people with the issue to reply. I also don't think its and AC issue as it happens with the AC off, it has to be some kind of ventilation issue.

The strange thing is I have a weird sound when starting and someone mentioned the compressor, I wonder if the 2 are tied together? Maybe the compressor is doing something funny at startup that is creating a buring smell.

I'm glad you posted this so I know I'm not the only one. I'm betting there will be others.

Last edited by nyrfan; 02-08-2013 at 10:11 AM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote