Thread: Z28 in 2014?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #90
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
My Camaro history is a little muddy... Was the Z28 just an RPO code that took a life of it's own or was it actually a Submodel?

My thinking is why can't it just be an option like the 1LE is? Something along the lines of an option that requires another option. I think right now the HotWheels Edition requires the RS package. So figure the Z28 at maybe $6500-$10000 requires the 1LE at the $3500. It would be expensive as all hell but if you want it you get it.

As far as the LS7 goes it doesn't have to be so expensive. Cut out the hand building and get rid of a couple of other things IDK what really but it has to be doable. The LS7 lists for what? $14Kish? An LS3 is roughly 1/2 that. With the exception of it being desirable for it to have the ZL1 rear the upgrades are there with the 1LE.

A 2SS would come in a few grand shy of $50K. So what $7K-$13K than a ZL1? If you want a basic track car a 1SS could be done for low $40's.

It's doable. IDK if I would really want it though. The more I think about it the 1LE with an LS3 is good enough for me. I'm not waiting. If it was available right now though I would buy it fast.