View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #223
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
That would be awesome if it is true (I hope it is). However I don't recall ever reading that from any official mouthpiece. Source please?

I've been trying to make some sense of what hp/tq could be but hopes were dashed when I learned the new tri-y headers are more restrictive. Other factors potentially at play, of course, and hope springs eternal
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...z-28-a-117322/

Under the cutting weight section, it clearly states that the Z/28 Camaro will have the best power to weight ratio of any version of the Camaro.

Of course there is always the chance that the statement was a error, though if it isn't an error then it suggest more power then 500BHP. BTW in GMs press release it does state at least 500BHP, also for the stock LS7 engine the most restrictive part of that engine isn't the exhaust manifold/headers but the exhaust port itself.

The ZL1 Camaro at 4,100 pounds and 580BHP has a power to weight ratio of 7.1 pounds per horsepower. If the Z/28 Camaro is 3,780 pounds and packs 500BHP that gives it a power to weight ratio of 7.5 pounds per horsepower (still very good). The current SS Camaro is stated as weighing in at (no options) 3,860 pounds (source chevy website) which would put the Z/28 at 3,760 pounds roughly. If they reduced more then 100 pounds then it would put its weight at even lower.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote