View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #38
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post
Way to burst my bubble.

I thought there was a version of the frameless mirror with a display for the backup camera. I thought the backup camera and frameless mirror were standard for '13 and the lower trim level would have the display in the mirror since it doesn't have the touchscreen. I just looked on the chevy website and that doesn't seem to be the case. I would sure hate to lose the camera, but I can't stand that huge clunky mirror.

Does anyone know for sure if there is or isn't a version of the frameless mirror with a rear camera display?
There isn't a version of the frameless mirror with the backup camera integrated. The 1LS and 2LS models do have have the option of a backup camera anyways. It starts with the 1LT and up, and it is routed to the MyLink system. Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you want a 2013 Frameless mirror in your 2012, you are going to have to give up the backup camera! Unless you buy an aftermarket stereo and reroute the camera wire to IT, you are out of luck! Sorry! Let me know what you decide, but for me I think I will end up getting the 2013 2LT/RS anyways. So I get the backup camera AND the framless mirror AND the aesthetic features!