View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #9
Novie LE

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
We will have to disagree about the Z28. Ford has no answer for that. People get hung up by badges. The 1LE is pretty serious and pretty special (many changes over the SS) and was created to compete with the Boss, even though its just an option on the SS. I like that it has stealth collector visibility, to me it's even more serious than the Boss. The only Comparable Mustang GT is with the Track Pack/Brembo option, but it's not much of a competitor. What holds the 1LE back is weight. The Z28 is much more serious than either of the Bosses and will be priced above the GT500 (most likely).

Looking forward to your timeslips. Hope you have good air and prep. You will need it to beat 12.9. I was faster in my '11 SS than in my 1LE. But liking the 1LE even more.

Everyone will have different opinions on what car goes against what. Like i said despite the 1le actually being faster then the boss around a track has very little to do anything imo. The boss engine is on a different level, it is geared for abuse, forged, high flowing heads, you name it, that motor is built to take a pounding. It make a little more power than the 5.0 as well. The 1le is chevys version of the track pack, the fact that it destroyed a track pack 5.0 naturally makes everyone compare it to the boss. But like i said, different strokes for different folks.
Novie LE is offline   Reply With Quote