View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #35
06x6spdGTO

Drives: 06 S/C GTO, 01 H/C/I Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
See I think it is greedy to expect a company to give you something you are not entitle to. It's even worse to publically have a temper tantrum because they did not bend. Worst part is, this is not even a matter of them having a bad or strict warranty. No parts manufacturer pays for warranty labor.

If you read most vendors order terms, they state that labor costs are never covered under any circumstance. So while many will not speak up in a thread like this, trust me, if the situation came to pass, don't think they would hesitate to tell you no on labor money.

And yes, you do have to pay to play. As someone who had the stock GM oil pump go up, and had to replace a motor with 3K miles on it, I know it sucks.
And this is part of the problem, is it wrong to give a warranty or a $200.00 kick to a customer who expierences issue with your product, a known issue at that??

Should Magnuson got snooty with the man on the phone or been A1 class and offered more then 1 alternative. Yes the warranty statement says XXX but no one finds it Cowardly they hide behind a bland warranty statement when the problem is well known!!?!

Maryland speed I hope you treat customers better then following X warranty statements or just answering the phone and directing the consumer to the product vendor.

The OP isn't asking for an $8000.00 check. He's looking for a little help on labor from a faulty product. Be respectful to the man knowing your product had issues and own up to it like a man, don't hide behind some piece of paper.

This is why I prefer to deal with companies like New Era, BTR Racing, RPM Transmissions, Tick Performance, etc.... These guys not only sell well engineered products BUT they actively participate in the LSx community and RACE cars! They take their hard earned money put it into a project and haul it across the country to show case the products at large LSX events and compete! All the while being friendly, approachable, and honest.

Makes Me wonder why GM went with a 4.0L whipple and a 2.9L over magnuson for the COPO???
06 GTO - Maggie 112H (Stock Pullies), LPE CAI, SLP LMII Catback, suspension and Drivetrain STuff, Monster Stg 3 clutch, ETMC Stg II Cam, 60lb inj, IW 8" Lower, PRC .650 Springs, Trickflow Pushrods, Kooks 1 7/8 LTs, AIS WasherFluid inj, 530whp/537wtq SAE. Self Tuned via HPTpro
01 Z06 - Forged 347ci LS6 - H/C/I 460RWHP / 418 RWTQ (Self TUNED via HPTpro)
06x6spdGTO is offline   Reply With Quote