View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 10:55 PM   #67
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Balok,

Goodridge are a good set. Decent price. I would never run Hawk pads on my car at the track, JMHO. Try Carbotech XP-10 or 12 front and XP-8 Rear. These are good pads and they are gently on the rotors. Good pads to learn on. You have to order them so I do not know when your event is but CTbrakes.com is direct. Motul 600 is good stuff, priced right @ $15ish

(If, and it is a BIG IF, I were to put Hawk pads on my car they would be the DCT-70/DCT30's or DCT30/hp+ combo but I would have to look at the track and check the speeds to decide which ones would be appropriate.)

Mike,

Yes, squeegee, or slurp, out what you can but you still need to bleed out the lines and calipers. The best way to do it is put your pads on and bleed, then go bed your brakes, getting into your ABS, and come back in and bleed again to get the most out of them the first time. Might need 4 bottles. You can never have extra brake fluid. You won't get it all and you will have some weepage at your bleeder screws on track the first time but don't sweat it.

Next time it will be easier and you will not have to bleed the second time because most of what you have in there will be DOT4 and you will just have to get the old stuff out. You really do not want old fluid when tracking so the safe bet is to bleed before every event.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote