View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 06:24 PM   #66
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post

Im sure the question being asked to you for this was based on your prior comment not stating heavily modded L99's going up against ZL1's. The way you put that before makes it seem as if any L99 can smoke a ZL1.

Annnnddd I'll be the one to disagree with bolt on L99's being neck and neck with stock ZL1's. They really arent. Stock ZL1's are capable of high 11's with most in the very low 12's on street tires. Most bolt on L99's are mid 12's with DR's. Cammed L99's with bolt ons are averaging the high 11 mark on DR's but its kind of a stretch to beat up on the ZL1's without at least being cammed and on DR's

Now you start talking $$$ into them and what they have been made to do and thats a different story for the money spent. Thats true when you factor in cost of the car up front. If you are talking cost of mods alone then....maybe a little different story. Just my .02.
Yea, I'm no L99 expert. I go to Atco all the time and I have never seen a fast L99 or ZL1 there in the T&T nights I have been there over the last couple of years. Very few 5th gens in the street lanes at all. Plenty of 5.0s. I was just going by the fast list and a number of threads in the drag racing section. I was talking total cost.

I did race a LT/pulley ZL1 one night a couple of times. He was running 12.0s like me, but on stock tires. That was the fastest ZL1 I have seen this summer. Sorry OP for going off topic so far.