View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 10:38 PM   #32
coryrulez9

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS Blue Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
I'm not putting much down out of my pocket; most of the down payment is actually coming from the trade-in of my Cruze plus incentives. If I go ahead with the deal, it'll come out to $225/month for 48 months. The dollar amount itself isn't the issue, it's the fact of having a car payment that I can't get over right now. Like I said, it's nice not having that car payment every month.
I was in a similar boat in January. I had a 2008 Cobalt I had paid off for a couple years. My parents ended up totalling their car and I was able to justify an upgrade by selling them mine for cheap. I test drove the new Cruze and honestly it was more boring to drive than my Cobalt was. It sucked the first few months having a car payment again, but well worth it! My daily commute is the same as yours and its so much more fun.

I am also from a snow state in Ohio so I can comment on the winter driving. This car really is a lot better in snow than you would think. I find the all season tires to be sufficient. The only issue I ever really found was getting going from a stop when its icy (traction control issue really). Just drive slow where needed and you will be fine. These cars also dont have a lot of clearence so in the neighborhoods that havent been plowed its a challenge when several inches are on the road. Thankfully for me the really bad days I can work from home or take the wifey's element....which is infinitely more boring than a cobalt/cruze.
coryrulez9 is offline   Reply With Quote