View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 08:11 AM   #24
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
I'm gonna be honest here, I haven't had the opportunity to get under my own car at look at some of these area myself. Just got it last Nov. bought used with 60K. So, I'm not really sure what is involved in changing the transmission fluid, differential fluid, etc. However, with many cars, these things require dropping the exhaust, removing undercarriage panels etc. If this is required, they will suggest all ofthese fluids so they only have to remove the stuff once, and the labor savings will be passed on to you (if it's a reputable dealer). So he may be saving you money down the road.

What I do know about dealership service is that they don't really like warranty work, and they collect full payment on preventative maintanence items like wear parts and fluid changes. They also don't like bad customer surveys. So, when fluid changes are coming up on their recommended interval, they like to try and get you to do these, or at least get you to set an appointment to get it done. Did you know that the position of service writer, in most dealerships, is a commissioned sales position?
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote