Old 02-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #742
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
Has anyone else ran into this.

CV joints end up spraying grease? The first set of DSS halfshafts did this as well. The boots were actually torn.
this is my second set from DSS and they are spraying grease again, but the boots are not ripped. (both axels) (less than 1000k miles on them)

I spoke with another shop this weekend that said they have had the same issue with the stock halfshafts. They figure out it has to do with lowering the car and the way the car squats coming out of the hole, even if just a 1/4 inch, they can pull the boots a part from the rest of the unit.

They fixed this on their shop car by bumping up the coilovers a little bit.
I only have 1in drop springs in the rear, I wonder how I can fix this issue?

Now I have to pull the axels out again to get repacked, but I know it will do it again without a remedy.
They told me I would not have this issue with the either the DSS 9in, 12 bolt, or the lingenfelter rear end, but I will not be installing this till later in the summer.

Any one else notice this in their cars? Unless you recently had your car up on the rack, you may have to go look for grease.

(ROBERT)... did you see this when you tore out the stock rear end?)

thanks
Not at all, and my car is lowered as well...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote