View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #10
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
I think they did a damn good job keeping it approximately the same weight as an SS.

Seriously guys, compare the two. THe Z/28 has extra coolers everywhere, larger wheels, larger tires, 427 engine with beefier suspension parts, beefier drive train, splitters and downforce parts everywhere. With everything that has been added there is absolutely no increase in weight is pretty damn impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if there are braces in places the SS doesn't have to stiffen the chassis.

From a marketing prespective, why would they say "SAY WEIGHT AS SS BUT WITH A WHOLE BUNCH MORE STUFF!!!!" That sounds ridiculous. Obviously for the news releases they wanted to make it appeal to those that don't understand what it takes to make a track car a real track car.

IMHO, they did an awesome job and i'm sure if you want to shed some more weight there are plenty of places to do it but for this thing to sell, it needs to have somewhat of an interior.
I know there are things I'm unaware of but the ZL1 has the beefier drivetrain not the Z/28. Sway bars are probably bigger on the Z/28 but suspension shouldn't be any heavier as we have seen underneath in the video. But I will say you are right. I have no idea and do not understand what it takes to make a real track car as this definitely is.