View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
camaroluver
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: '05 Impala, '10 IOM Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to camaroluver
Update on my car with pictures....HORRIBLE pictures!!

If you read my previous post(s) I was having an issue with a ticking/knocking/tapping whatever you want to call it coming from the engine. After 2 weeks in the shop and many many test requested from GM my dealer was told to do a tear down on the 19th. Apparently I'm the first to have this issue with no other apparent problems. This afternoon my husband stopped by on his way home from work to see if there was any progress. They have finally found the "little" problem causing my baby to sound terrible, a bad wrist pin which in turn caused a little damage to the cylinder. I think I remember that right, hard to remember everything I was told due to seeing the pictures he managed to snap of my car that is supposed to look like this......

to looking like this (EXCUSE the quality he only had his work phone on him and it doesn't have the best camera).........

From what I understand the engine is not a complete waste but my poor baby will be receiving a brand new engine. If all goes well when I return from vacation next Monday I will be able to pick up my car.
So far my only complaint is that my husband said the front clip of the car was laying on the ground in the corner about 2 foot from where another tech was working on a 2500 Diesel truck. God forbid I find any scratches!!
2010 Camaro 2SS IOM/Black Interior/Black Hood & Hockey Stripes #26,805
Ordered 1/30/09 as a surprise for me by the best husband ever! Delivered 8/6/09 to me!!!

camaroluver is offline   Reply With Quote