View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 08:31 AM   #1
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
JANNETTY RACING STALL CONVERTERS

Jannetty Racing, in cooperation with Pro Torque converters of NY, is now offering a line of stall converters to suite your particular needs.

We have converters for Stock NA, Modified NA, NOS applications, Supercharged applications both Positive Displacement and Centrifugal configurations.

Torque converters can NOT be sold as a one size fits all, because Stall Speed is in DIRECT Relation to INPUT Torque.

For example a 10 inch converter advertised as a 3200 stall should do just that on a stock NA application it was built for, put that same converter on a PD supercharged car and it may Stall at 5000 RPM, put that same converter on a Centrifugal supercharged car and it may stall 4000 RPM.

And if you put that same converter on a V6 it May only Stall 2000 RPM.

Torque Converters are a Science, I have been Working Very Closely with Pro Torque for 12 years now and He has always been able to meet my expectations with quality, Durability, and What I want out of a Converter.

Driveability is very important, Stall Speed Affects Shift Quality, higher stall speeds Can make shifts feel Very Soft.

Our converters will Flash to a specified Stall speed, but then couple and give Stock like Driveability, and good clean shifts.

With the advent of these completely electronic controlled transmissions they are very sensitive to Torque converter changes, If the Converter is Not designed Properly it could set check engine lights, as the computer sees the difference in input VS Output speed as Transmission Slippage.

We have a 12 inch converters for each application that can Flash 2800 RPM and Drive like Stock otherwise.

Call for a consultation to get the Right Torque converter for your application.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote