View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
onesimo3
Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Silver Camaro 2LT/RS
BAD job at the dealership.

Had my dealership install an alarm on my 2013 2LT/RS when I bought it. 2 months after, I have the alarm goes off everynight in the middle of the night so I decided to take it to the dealership.

And here's my story:

They had me set up an appointment 1 week before I had to take it in. So I go to my appointment at 10 a.m. this Friday, and had the seller calling me at 5 p.m. that they had the car standing there since 10 a.m. and the alarm didn't go off by itself so they were not going to do anything to the car and that I had to pick it up like that.
Just as I'm being dropped off, I get a call from the seller stating that the car alarm just went off by itself and that they were going to replace the alarm so I had to wait about an hour and a half before picking it up. Since I was there already I decided to wait at the dealership.

After the wait, as soon as I open the car door, I hear something that sounds like a buzzing sound coming from inside the dashboard. I thought it was something else so I get inside the car and put the key in, and again, I hear that buzzing sound. Just for clarification that I;m not hearing things. I turn it on and then off. As soon as i turn it off, there's the buzzing sound again. So I call the customer relations guy to come over and hear what kind of crap job they just delivered.

He tells me that the tech that worked on the alarm is already gone and that he will not come over until Monday and that I should drop the car off on Monday morning.

I left home pissed, and decided that the camaro would stay garaged until monday when it was time to take it to the dealership again. So i get off of the car and as soon as I close the door, the driver side mirror falls off from the door. Upon inspection, I see the inside brackets are broken as if someone had leaned on the car.

By this point i'm furious but the dealership is already closed. So on saturday morning I wake up and take the car to the dealership and complain about this. They tell me that I still have to wait until Monday because they have to wait to speak with the tech to see what happened.

I am pretty sure that they are going to blame this shit on me and that I'm going to end up having to pay for the freaking mirror replacement (hopefully they want to keep a repeat customer and fix this for me without charging me). Does anyone know the part number for the driver side mirror replacement with auto dimming? So that i can find a price online (i have tried gmpartsdirect but can't find anything, don't know if because i'm incompetent or because i'm so pissed right now). Or any idea of what kind of charge they'll try to make?

All of these problems happen at dealership over here because they keep hiring unqualified persons to work at the body shop and on the aftermarket part installation.

I'll let you guys know how everything turns up tomorrow.
onesimo3 is offline   Reply With Quote