Old 10-26-2008, 12:52 PM   #19
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
I'm doing some research....and here's what I've found:

For a GMPP supercharger (not LS3)...
"The GM Performance Parts supercharger kit is on sale now. It costs about $3,500 and carries a product warranty for defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12 months or 12,000 miles from date of installation. GM will also cover the internally lubricated engine and transmission components for the length of the original factory powertrain warranty. And if the vehicle is already off factory warranty, the additional powertrain warranty that comes with the kit still applies, depending on the age and actual mileage of the vehicle at the time of the blower's installation.
Source
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...est/index.html

I also read on another forum (unqualified source) that if the part is marked 'off road use only' that's the indicator that it will void factory warranty. I'd really like to hear someone from GMPP chime in on this topic.
I'm almost certain that you are citing the Cavalier supercharger kit. That 2.2L EcoTec supercharger was a good part, but it was a special part. It was designed within the limitations of that engine's internal components, which could handle up to 250hp. This number is based on the limitations of the 2004 2.2L EcoTec. The same limitations are recommended in the build book for the Chevrolet Cobalt.

This particular GMPP kit was designed for a particular engine. If I'm wrong, GMPP tends to design specific parts for specific cars anyway. In the case of the Camaro, similar parts may be developed. Each part that GM designs may have a different warranty. It is up to GMPP to designate a part-specific warranty based on whether the car's original components will last for the remainder of the original warranty or whether the car is no longer streetable.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote