View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #4
AiRDawG

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
I had my L99's trans tuned and the power shifting with the decreased torque management seemed to be causing the "gear hunting" when doing dramatic downshifts. Started happening a fair bit, seemed to be mostly on 4>3 or 3>2 downshifts.

It was sporadic and never seemed to happen exactly the same. Sometimes the exact same scenario of shifting wouldn't cause the problem, other times it'd be harsh, and other times not as bad. I was racking my brain and looking at my tune and such until it happened again and I realized what the issue was.

I realized that the power shift would throw me back in the seat so much that it would pull my foot off the pedal just a bit, so I'd be going from WOT down to about 75%, then back to WOt, and sometimes, back down to 70-80% again. The shift points are based off your Throttle position and your current speed, so changing the throttle position meant chaos on the shift point tables. The car was simply doing what it was told! I moved my seat up a bit and I haven't had the problem since.
AiRDawG is offline   Reply With Quote