View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #20
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Sounds like FATT would be a good start. Any HPDE is going to be great. I enjoyed my time at Summit Point last year. Big thing with that power is throttle control and having a good brake setup. I'm running about the same power and its technically more power than needed for a road course, but does make the straights fun, just have to be careful.

As far as the tires go the closest to squaring up your tires is good practice for road courses. I run 285/35/20 front and 295/35/20 rear. It's atypical for American muscle to not have staggered setups and I have run with 255/40/20s Front and 295/35/20s rear and it did fine. You can run into oversteer issues, but for early HPDEs should be fine.

I'm still in the early stages as well, and its a blast. We should definitely try to get a group together. I've never done FATT, should be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beescuz View Post
Ok my car will be back out of the shop in about a week with over 600RWHP. My car has the 21 inch rims but just purchased 18-10 Forgestar for the rear and 18-9 for the front. I have M/T for the rear and Nitto for the front to use at the drag strip.
What tires do you recommend for use on a roadcourse track?

Also only roadcourse time I have was at VIR. I did both levels of the Aerial Atom class. The last class was a hour on the track by myself in Atom.
Never had my Camaro on any type of track yet so I would be a rookie. Suggestions where to start to get experience?