View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #26
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by FwyFlyer View Post
So how did the shifter do on your trip? Any pros or cons to report? Still snow & ice on the roads here so mine is still un-tested as of yet. I too will order the Hurst logo knob....... but 90 bucks? ouch!
Thanks in advance for your input.
Shifter is a complete (and pardon my french, please) bad ass piece of machinery. I mean... The Hurst shifter is totally different from stock. There's really only "pro's" to the install. ALL the shifts are FIRM. It's almost like a clicking each time you put it in gear. Like....it "snaps" into gear. You KNOW when you shift and can actually FEEL each shift. When you shift with a stock shifter, it feels pretty spongy...mushy... Heck, I felt like I was going to break the stock shifter in half when I shifted hard. COMPLETE OPPOSITE when shifting with this one. The ONLY con to this one is a tiny amount of vibration noise. I found that the majority of the time, the vibration noise came because I was resting my hand on teh shifter causing the shifter to lean to one side (there's about a half an inch play left to right when in gear) and when you press the shifter to the side, it'll vibrate. It's nothing that is annoying to me. However, a 2nd plastic boot or some type of spongy insulating material would surely take away any noise.

So far, I am 100% satisfied. For those that use them, I'm sure they all agree. If anyone is interested in trying one out before buying, ask around in your regional forums to see if there's anyone close by that might mind letting someone try it out....not necessarily driving it, now.....just shifting through the gears to see if they liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Is this a new hurst logo knob you are talking about? I got the black anodized alum knob with the Hurst logo on top like SooCh's (member here) from the Hurst website for the listed price $49.
Yep. That's the one. I swore I saw one with an orange "H." Maybe it was just this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
So you are coming to Alabama then to help me with the Vararam????
Dude...you won't NEED help with it!!! It's EASY to install! And, I'm going to do a DIY thread for those that might need a bit of help.

I hope you get one soon! I think you are going to get the actual 2.75 production piece. Believe me...you are going to LOVE it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FwyFlyer View Post
Yep...that's kind of how I remembered it....thought it was orange on top, but I guess not! Love that shifter, though!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote