View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #76
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft View Post
Wow, I am very surprised to read these comments. We drove all the way to Indy to help support the event and to put on a good show and help support our customers as well as other racers that needed our assistance. All we did was race the classes we were told to enter. We brought two cars that fit the rules for BOTH classes they entered. We have been a huge part of the growth of the 5th gen camaro and even were the first to get one to run 9s back in 2010. We build between 2-3 5th gens a week and we will continue to do so because we are the leader when it comes to the LSX platform. Even though we build a few more Corvettes than we do camaros, we still enjoy the satisfaction of receiving the phone call minutes after a customer has picked up his/her vehicle and test drove it for the first time with one of our performance packages.

I am not sure what you have against my customer except the fact you lost to him and then blew your engine up. I understand your frustrations, no one likes to leave a race with a broke car but there is no reason to take it out on someone else. My customer built this car for him and his son to enjoy. They have been driving this setup for over a year on the street. It is fully taged and inspected. Has FULL interior with ALL working accessories. In no way shape or form is this a race car or shop car when it gets over 100 miles put on it every week.
1. Car did make a qual pass. It spun the tires and only went a 37. For this reason is why we race on the track and not on paper or on a computer. (Anything can happen in racing) If my customer would have spun the tires against you and you beat him would you still be complaining?
2. Driver did wear full simpson gear. That pic was probably before his friend showed up with rest of his gear that was still in the Firebird he had just made a pass in.
3. Car has a full 5pt harness(INCLUDING CROTCH BELT) maybe you should have stuck your head in the car a little farther
4. The battery was secure in the passenger floor baord. The battery is used to give power the the Wideband Sensor that data records each run.

Now our Twin Turbo Firebird that won the shop car class is a race car/shop car. We won that class with a 7.1 @ over 200mph.

We will continue to support the 5th gen community and if someone had told my customer when we got there that his car did not fit the rules and he needed to run a different class there is absolutely no doubt in my mind he would have done so. He just loves to race, win or lose.

I look forward to seeing all of you in Houston next year. It sounds like Mike needs to add some index classes to make some of these other racers happy. No matter the rules. We will be there supporting ALL of our customers and anyone else that needs our assistance.
Glad to see you thought better of your original post. Your points are all bull shit. The battery wasn't fastened to anything. He drove into the burnout in that t shirt. I watched the entire thing happen. Regardless of that the car had a 6 point bar and no chute. How is that legal with such a fast car.

If your owner has a problem he should speak up. If your owner loves to race, he should drive his car. Period.

You guys obviously knew about the car, the speed, and what class it belonged it so drop the politically correct speech.