View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 03:55 AM   #223
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
To be fair...we don't know if they aren't going to call it Z28 after all...the "HP Edition" references we were told about could have been a ploy...

Or...if they haven't named it yet...maybe they just want to make absolutely sure that they do right by the enthusiasts. Consider all options?
Bold - If I wasn't clear enough before, this was sort of my point lol. Throwing away a name that undoubtedly has heritage (which is obviously a big attraction for this market) would be a huge financial mistake. I can see them calling this presumably LSA equipped trim the "HP Edition" only if they have some other plans for the Z28 name.

They, nor Ford, nor Dodge, did not drop their respective monikers, such as SS, GT, R/T, respectively, for some shot-in-the-dark marketing. There is no reason for them to attempt this that I'm aware of; there hasn't been a watering down of the Z28 which demands they steer away from using it.

Also, I did not see someone ask this question, but did yall ever figure out what the "HP" stands for?
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote