View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 07:32 AM   #12
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1DealerManagementSystems View Post
RogueLeader,,, thanks for the detail and guidance. Yes, we are beginners at GT1/GT2 racing and not embarassed to admit it. We are looking for help. We saw what Compuware did with their sponsorship of a Corvette becoming the GT1 Champion at LeMans and would like to duplicate their performance. I was thinking that the new Camaro would be a lower cost racecar platform and one that GM might want to see us showcase... but, many on this thread are suggesting that it simply would not be competitive.

I will reach out to the sanchioning bodies as you suggest - thanks.

If you know of any young drivers (male or female) please let me know. We would love to find the next Danika Patrick.

Our group has been very successful with Formula One racing, however. Last year, with McClaren Racing and Vodofone, we introduced Lewis Hamilton as a new F1 Driver and he won the championship. There are some videos on our website - www.b1dms.com .

We want to do something exciting in the U.S.... with a U.S OEM manufacturer... preferably GM to help the company get back on track.

All the best,
Jim
Thanks for your reply Jim,

Have you spoken to anyone at GM directly, I believe Fbodfather on our forum here could probably put you in touch with the right people. Unfortunately the Visualtech mockups show a Camaro built to a sort of GT1 or even JGTC spec which is far too modified for GT2 or Grand Am but I am sure you can find some direction to go with a certain team.

Scott Settlmeire (Fbodfather) would probably be the best place to start, I'm interested to see where this goes but I have to catch a flight to Arizona in a bit so I'll get back on Monday. Good Luck!
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote