View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 12:19 PM   #14
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
I worked for one of the big name insurance companies for Many years and I can tell you this information they gave you is false. The 15% discount is off of your Comprehensive coverage only, not your whole policy.

If you look at your current policy look for the line that says "Comprehensive" and that will be what you get the 15% discount on. Comprehensive is only your coverage for fire/theft/vandalism/etc.

Comprehensive coverage is not usually an expensive portion of the policy so this discount usually equates to only $10-$15 or so per policy period at the most. Hardly worth the $19 a month charge.

What I used to say to people about the discount is (and getting things like lojack) is its not worth it for the discount, but if you really love your particular car and you want to make sure you have it forever, those products and services are worth it.
"Anyhow I contacted my insurance provider (allstate) and asked about any discount for having Onstar and its vehicle recovery/locator/slowdown they stated 15% discount on the premium for my area. Now of course I asked if it was off their total premium and they said yes, assuming that's right and there are no surprises later when I submit my policy."

That's why I said the above, maybe you missed it. I would not think it's the whole policy but that's what I was told. If it's the comprehensive yes it would be a small amount like 2 dollars a month depending your insurance instead of 15. I don't like spending my day calling back companies to verify what the last guy I talked to said. So I decided to put it out along with the other information and see what people come out with. Especially given that all areas of the country have different rates and all people as well. That's only part of my post not the whole thing.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote