Thread: LOJACK
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #14
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Lojack is a waste of money imo.

The equipment law enforcement agencies need in order to track vehicles, cost a crap ton so most agencies actually don't have the equipment. Only the big cities can afford to have it and even then probably less then half of the patrol cars have the equipment installed. What's the point in having it if you are in an area that doesn't have the equipment needed to track your car?

The number one reason I hear about people getting Lojack is because they hear how easy it is to disable Onstar. Well guess what, Lojack is just as easy if not easier to disable then Onstar and Lojack signal is even worse. I've got some friends are are repo men. If you can get a hold of a repo magazine you will find a little device that costs about $20 that plugs into the cigarette lighter and it completely disables Lojack. For Onstar, you can't simply just clip a wire at the rear view mirror or knock off the antenna (all this does is lower the signal strength but it still works).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
Another advantage to Lojack is that it uses radio instead of satellite. If your stolen car is loaded into a container, Lojack will still work, Onstar won't. I kept both. Peace of mind is worth it.
Actually your logic is flawed. If you car is put in a container neither will work. You can test this for yourself if you don't believe me simply using a box truck.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote