View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #21
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Au201 View Post
I wouldn't use mobile 1 if I were you. I know for a fact that the LLT V6's do NOT like it at all. If you go on bob is the oil guy, you'll notice that the UOA's for the LLT and mobile 1 show very high iron counts, meaning that there are abnormally high wear rates for the engine. As soon as people switch to like Pennzoil Platinum, the iron count drops a ton. If you really feel the need to use Dexos rated oil (Pennzoil Plat meets the specs they just don't pay GM for the license), I would suggest Quaker stake: ultimate durability. Basically the same as Pennzoil Plat, just with the Dexos logo. I'm running the Pennzoil Plat in my 2010 LLT (woohoo no Dexos requirement!) And running Quaker stake in my equinox with the LFX V6...I understand the LLT and LFX are a little different, but not hugely. And I haven't looked at UOA's of the LFX...just my 2 cents

Sent from my bragging iPhone using an app that encourages it.

Please tell me where your source is? Because using mobile 1 fully synthetic is one of the best things you can do for the LLT to prevent the infamous timing chain expansion the 10s and early 11s had before the revised chain came out.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote