View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #89
alfie43

Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06x6spdGTO View Post
I guess I dont get how this makes the General a sellout???!! They picked 69 people at random who were interested in the cars. The price is marked correctly to the Drag Pack Challenger and Cobra Jet. Not only is it marketed correctly if you were to follow inflation prices from 1969 Base SS vs 1969 COPO this car is right in line.

Thats great your home built car makes 600+Rwhp (<--- You can thank GM for sticking to a well thought out powerplant since 97 for this). Now how many Mid 9 second passes have you made in it?? Can your car fall into the guidelines of NHRA Stock Eliminator??

GM produced a car that the public wanted!! Ask the Thousands who filled out the surveys and drooled @ the SEMA show. If you cant afford it so be it, take a seat in the grand stands, watch some good racing, and support the home team!
Amen to that. Some people just don't get it.

Seriously people? "Money grabbers"...."Chevy's just trying to cash in"..."too rich for my blood"...."a get rich scheme for GM"..."crazy, crazy pricing" ???

Maybe people should have to pass a test to be able to post on this particular thread. A test to qualify one's knowledge on the tradition and history of special production cars built specifically to compete within the rules of specific sanctioning race organizations.

Second, you must have rudimentary and basic understanding of the factors that determine manufacturing costs of an automobile.

Finally, to post in this thread, you must be happy with your lot in life and you can't feel that you are the poor oppressed masses being exploited by big government, capitalists and the bourgeois.

Alfie

Last edited by alfie43; 03-11-2012 at 01:00 PM.
alfie43 is offline   Reply With Quote