View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 08:33 AM   #10
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
keyword... looking.

and yes a mustang has to have a supercharger in order to get it to 430 hp. they cant do it N/A
On a 3V that is true at the moment. The highest N/A numbers on the new 3 valve mustang GTs is approximately 345rwhp or about 390ish bhp. However the cost for you to make that much power N/A is nearly as much as a blower setup which will get you 425 hp to the rear wheels.

An older 4 valve DOHC mustang can make that much power N/A. It too is fairly expensive, but can be done. And there are documented performance recipies on how to do it.

Again, a supercharger is the cheapest and easiest way to do it. That is why it is the most common.

Also the roush charger is the weakest most inefficient of the blower setups on the new Mustangs. 430bhp from a blower is actually pretty conservative for the new platform.

Most people with the new Mustangs opt for Saleen, Whipple, or Kenne Bell superchargers. There are reputable tuners that can safely make 400-450 rear wheel horse on the stock bottom end and the appropriate fuel upgrades (usually new injectors and a sometimes a fuel pump).

I know most of you don't like Mustangs, but I thought I would share some insight.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Last edited by Rock36; 05-17-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote