View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 01:22 AM   #20
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
I'm really considering getting the V6. Better brakes and suspension mods should be no problem at all, and that's primarily what I'm going for. And I wouldn't mind not having the V8 because 426 hp is more than what is necessary for the kind of fun I want to have. Sure, more is better, but it comes at a pretty high cost. Unfortunately, this is where the V6 hits a snag. 300 hp is great for a V6, but it is still a little lower than I want, especially for a car this big and heavy. We know the LLT responds very well to mods, and I don't think it would be hard at all to get it to around 350 hp, which would be just fine for me. Unfortunately, in the People's Republic of California it is practically illegal to alter your engine in any way, and its looking to get even worse. And if I must remain stock, 300 hp just isn't going to do it for me. I'll have to go for the V8 and 426 hp. Now think about that for a moment: our environmental regulations discouraged me from a smaller, vastly more efficient (27 mpg FTW!) engine in favor of the larger, thirstier V8. No wonder our state is going bankrupt. We need serious help.
Eh i see Cali collapsing within itself due to it's own stupidity. I understand how a country can be in debt to other countries but who does a state owe money to? Next thing you know cali will be owned by China.

Also I too am interested it the prospect of a badass sleeper V6. I wish GMPP would come out with a FI (preferably turboed) version of it that works with the V8 tranny.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote