View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 09:08 AM   #8
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
If the dealer knows your car has been tuned, it will void some areas of your warranty. But most people don't retune a car until they do mods that require it and those mods would void that area of the warranty anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
Why are so many people intent on planning modifications to a car they don't even have yet? A 2010 Camaro SS has as more horsepower than a Corvette ZR-1 had just a few years ago, and will quite possibly be the most powerful car most people on this site have ever driven.

I understand you can't have enough of a good thing, but maybe you should try driving it unmodified for an hour or 2 before you plan extensive modifications and void portions of your warranty.
Some of us already drive cars with more power than the Camaro SS. We're buying the new car for other reasons and want to make it at least as fast as the cars we drive now. My 4th gen SS runs 12.4's in the 1/4. I know I won't be satisfied "only" running 13.0's. Which is why I modded my 4th gen. Actually, I'm not completely satisfied with 12.4's either.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote