View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
matt787

Drives: 2LT RS M6 CGM IO interior!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotowns Finest View Post
ok, so ive been following this site for about a month now, and i keep seeing these links that say "track/follow your camaro order", and my question is, and keep in mind im only 18, dont own my own car, know anything about insurance/legal stuff thats involved with a car purchase, and i dont even have a license, but how exactly do you order a camaro? dont you buy cars from a local dealership, not requiring you to follow it since you know where its at? my only thought is that you can go to a dealership and request exactly what you want your camaro to be. if someone could give me insight to this, it would be much appreciated. again, please excuse my lack of age and experience in life and vehicles

welcome to the site! What you can do is "build" your own Camaro on GM's website, optioned just the way you want. Then you take that to a Chevy dealer that has "open allocation" to place your order into the computer system. It's then "accepted" by GM and built at the factory a few weeks later, and shipped to the dealer. That is a happy day... It's best to find a dealer selling them at MSRP (not selling it for thousands over sticker price), and with a low deposit (usually 500-1000 is typical, to place your order and not sell it out from under you to someone else willing to pay lots more when it comes in). Some dealers have a few on the lot, most do not. Those that do will probably mark it up overcharging people, it's called an "availabilty charge" or some other BS. Next year they will be a lot more on the lot to choose from without having to order and wait, but a lot of ppl want a rare combo and ordering and waiting is the only way to get exactly what you want. Hope you can have one someday dude!!
2000 = Accepted By GM: 8/4/09
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: 8/5/2009
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 8/21/09, TPW 8/31
3400 = Broadcast: 8/27/09
3800 = Produced:
9/3/09
6000 = Delivered to Customer 9/21/09
matt787 is offline   Reply With Quote