View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #52
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07-SRT View Post
2005 was the first year. There was no tunes or aftermarket parts yet. ..My friend has an ls3 ss.... we will compare times same day, track and da.... Like I said the da was - 2700 on that vid in atco...

Does your car have a gearing advantage on a LS3 SS? Excuse the ignorance but I am not super familiar with the srt cars.

For what reason other than traction would your car be as fast as a car that makes virtually the same or better power and a few hundred pounds lighter?

Why go back and forth with all the videos/he said she said, blah blah blah.

If it isnt geared considerably better stock for stock it is impossible for the srt to be faster...any instance in which the outcome is different is just a result of variables encountered in the real world.

The cars are close yes...but I would say the srt is as far behind the ss as the ss is behind the 5.0. A couple ticks. Which would also add up perfectly as each of these models were brought to the market to beat the others in succession. Chevy would not have made the ls3 camaro if it couldnt beat the dodge and ford at the time. Ford would not have made the mustang if it could not have beat the chevy at the time. And now we have the 392..is that not faster than the ls3 and the 6.1 srt? of coarse it is. Its power to weight ratio is superior.

In the end the cars are close enough that we have these arguments. But the reality is that in perfect conditions if everything could be done 100% fair and equal across the board it goes 5.0>ls3>srt

BTW...I would be very surprised if your friend with a manual tranny could match your automatic car most of the time. Much harder to run as fast and as conistent with the manual. But that doesnt mean your car is faster technically.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote