View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #58
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthius View Post
I'm not sure if it's true anymore (or ever was), but when I bought my 2LT RS, I seem to remember reading that the governed top speed was significantly higher (as a results of the "Z" rated tires being able to handle it). Not a big deal for some, but could be for others.

Anyway, like I said, not 100% sure of that claim and too lazy to search right now, but throwing it out there for the community to confirm/deny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthius View Post
So, I checked 118mph vs. 155...

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
While it's true that the Camaro's top speeds (at least for the SS and V6 models) coincide with the tire ratings, the RS package isn't the key.

ANY Camaro with wheels 19" or larger has at least a 155mph top speed. That means all SSs, all 2LTs, and any 1LT that either has the RS package or the optional 19" wheels.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote