View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #21
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVengeancex28 View Post
It seems to be an issue anytime of day, morning, night, afternoon.. not sure if those speed tests online that are free do much but i did one from comcast and it said mine was 22.29 mb download and 4.46 upload.. second time i ran the test it gave me a reading of 18mb download and 4.65 upload, not sure but that doesnt sound like a whole lot.

As for the modem / router.. it does have built in wifi, however from what ive been reading in the thread it sounds like its the ISP or router issue. Ill have to see what im "suppose" to getting for MB and speed tomorrow. I wouldnt be surprised if im suppose to be getting more and I'm getting half. Friend of mine said he was suppose to be getting something like 50mb and he was only receiving 20.

Also again, the internet has been great all day no cutting out.. but i guarantee the second i hop on youtube and try to watch anything itll drop
Before you do anything or call anyone bypass your router and connect your laptop directly to your modem. Then reset your modem. That will refresh the ip address to your laptop, there should be a reset switch/button on the modem or just unplug it and plug it back in. After that try doing the same things you were doing before to see if you still have an issue. If it clears up then its most likely your router that is causing the problem, if it does not it could be the modem or your provider. (or less likely something with your computer) My feeling is the same as many others here that it is your router but this will help to confirm that diagnosis. I doubt it is our provider if you are able to get 18mb download speeds though.
Egon is offline   Reply With Quote