View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #15
MTron

Drives: 99 Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by ud_lose View Post
Denver Post July 15th, 2009

A race between two vehicles on Aurora streets last night resulted in a crash and the death of an innocent driver, police said.

The fatal crash happened at about 10 p.m. at the intersection of East Yale Avenue and South Peoria Street, according to a media release from the Aurora Police Department.

The identities of the drivers involved were not released.

Police said drivers of a Pontiac G8 and a red Jeep Cherokee were southbound on Peoria Street in what witnesses described as a "race."

An older, white Chevrolet Camaro was northbound on Peoria; when the driver attempted to turn west on Yale the, red Cherokee plowed into the right front of the Camaro.

"The momentum of the Cherokee pushed the Camaro backwards through a signal light pole, coming to rest against a street light pole in the median," police said. "The Cherokee severely penetrated the passenger compartment of the Camaro, coming to rest on top of the passenger seat."

Firefighters and police arrived at the scene and found the driver of the Cherokee and the Pontiac arguing.

Police separated the two men and firefighters worked to free the driver of the Camaro, who was unconscious, and pinned in his car. He died at the scene from "massive" injuries, police said.

The driver of the Cherokee was taken to a local hospital and treated for minor injuries. The driver of the Pontiac was not injured.

Investigators do not suspect that drugs or alcohol were involved in the fatal crash, but excessive speed was a factor.

Only the drivers were in the vehicles involved, police said, and the men did not know each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGriffin78 View Post
People are real morons.
You said it!

I have no sympathy for the driver of the Cherokee, i hope he goes to jail for a good long time. As for the G8's driver, what a moron

I really feel bad for the family of the person in the camaro....

one last thing....Instead of standing on the street arguing....WHY THE HELL WERE THEY NOT TRYING TO HELP THE PERSON IN THE CAR!!!!!!!

even if i was a passer-by i would be practically tearing my arms off trying to pry the car open to get the person out/free/easier to get out when the paramedics arrive/give first aid
MTron is offline   Reply With Quote