View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 09:53 PM   #556
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
You managed to set the record for Most Posts In The $75,000 Thread. Now, your focus is to do the same, with tail-chasing contradictions, in THIS thread too?

Good Luck with that...

How's the weather in Barrie?
To avoid chasing my tail and setting new thread records, I will offer Justice Pete's quote that does a much better job of expressing my thoughts on tires and power. Fortunately he has managed to capture it in a single post vs countless of mine. The bottom line is the same:

"IMO, the Z/28 derived the greatest improvement in lap time with the 305/30/19 Trofeo fitment at the Ring. Those were working at the Ring. All the other Z/28 improvements didn't 'brake' as sweat. The faster you go (more RWHP) the better the Z/28 aero will work and contribute to lower lap times. The hotter the CF brakes get, the better they work. Lighter weight knows no speed limits. Better suspension is no different. I am not saying all the engineering that went into the Z/28 is not as important as the tire size and choice. I am saying that only the LS7 was breathing hard at the Ring and was run at the limit of capability.

You know if a well setup 5th Gen Camaro with over 600 RWHP went to the OPTIMA Invitational it just might beat, Porsche 911s, 850 RWHP ProTouring machines, 5th Gen Race cars... Can you imagine what a Z/28 would do with 600 RWHP"
_
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote