View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #17
Flighttester

Drives: 2008 Audi A4 3.2 MT S Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Hey guys, ive been hearing that Direct Injection makes tuning more difficult, and that the high compression ratio makes FI a little dangerous, how much do you think you can gain without going FI on the 3.6 DI, besides the cold air intake and exhausts?
The only reason direct injection might make tuning more difficult would be because it just might already be wound as tight as practical. Other than that, direct injection has no negative effects except that it is costly to offer. The fact that the engine apparently runs well on regular fuel tells me that Forced induction (turbocharging or supercharging) is well within the limits of the stock engine if Premium fuel is used and room for such hardware is available in the engine compartment. If it is, I wouldn't be too amazed if a blown Northstar couldn't make more HP and torque than a pushrod Chevy V-8.

I wouldn't want it, even if it becomes available but, I would never dis direct injection.

It is certainly the state-of-the art and probably the future for all cars, except perhaps the most price sensative models.
Flighttester is offline   Reply With Quote