Thread: Let's talk tune
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 01:59 PM   #6
Mike@DS

Drives: 99 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie Junkman View Post
Hello everyone.

I have a L99 car to which I will be adding a CAI (probably a K&N Aircharger), Edelbrock x-pipe and GMPP Off-Road exhaust to VERY soon ...

I have a couple of questions regarding a tune ...

I have never used a programmer before .... I'm a bit "Old Skool" and more used to tuning Holley double-pumpers on top of 6-71's or tunnel-rams ...

Therefore, I am not going to be plugging in a lap-top or looking at fuel-curves or flow charts .... I am just looking for a (I believe you call it) 'canned" tune to enhance the performance of the car. I do not want to have to (nor do I have the ability to) download files or programs to make something work .... just looking for a plug-and-play programmer that will be able to optimize the performance gains from the other bolt-ons (CAI & exhaust) ... Also ... VERY much looking forward to getting rid of the DoD (what a pain in the ass, even through 'whisper quiet' stock exhaust) ...

I am leaning towards the Diablosport Predator .... am I headed in the right direction? Pros ... Cons ... Good experiences and bad ... ?????

I also understand a 'generic' tune is not as efficient or exact as a dyno tune ... but my car is a daily driver, so not looking to squeeze every last drop of HP out of it ... just looking for an edge over the guy in the next lane.

All input from my Camaro5 bruthas (and sistas) is appreciated before I spend my hard-earned money ....

The Junkman ...
I'd look a little closer at the Trinity, lots more cool features over a Predator, with more to come
Mike@DS is offline   Reply With Quote