View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #22
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty5th View Post
I don't think that's the question, Doc. The Z/28 at the 1/4 is not the be-all end-all question... just a simple query by the OP on what it can do in the 1/4 and it's not taking away at all from its primary objective and principal intent for use--> at the road course/track/circuit. So in the spirit of the OP's question, let's keep the context within the OP's scope... @ what do you think it can do in the 1/4 mile strip? We all know the Z/28 is going to surprise many highline manufacturers once the track times are tested & revealed.
Yes.

The magazines will do the usual test including 0-60, 1/4 time & mph, 60-0, etc. it will be interesting. I think it will perform quite well in all test. I'd love to see a less than 100' 60-0.

P.S. for those so freaked out about weight, Al O. said around the track (I guess where they were testing) removing 250 lbs. from the Camaro resulted in only a 1 second gain. He said wayyyyyy more was gained from better braking, handling and power. Yes weight is the enemy, but it can be subdued.