Thread: Boost Spike
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #102
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 aka "BlackWidow"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
shit okay that didn't help but what you do next SHOULD definitely fix the lean issue which might fix the boost spike?

your injector delta will never ever reach 42psi except in this lean spike, infact it will never drop below 45psi SO:

- goto the injector flow rate vs pressure table and select all the cells from 44.7psi until the lowest cell which in my tune at least is 18.6psi and multiply them by 0.9, then select from 44.7psi to 50.5psi and click interpolate between horizontal bounds so it smoothens the transition, this will only edit the cell in the middle which is the 47.6psi cell.

Keep transiet fuel ON this time since your saying its better with it turned on.

Then, goto the throttle opening rate table and right click >> column axis >> edit.

make the values 1250, 2500, 3750, 5000, 6250

and for the in-gear from 1st to 6th gear values enter:

5 for 6250
4 for 5000
3 for 3750, 2500 and 1250

Do both changes the same time and log, look at how throttle position rate responds to those values cause it might be a trial and error thing.

im positive you will come back with better news the next time!
Good call on the injector settings! This definitely helped...I still have some tweaking to do, but definitely helped. So any ill side effects I should be concerned with?

Your throttle settings seem to be a little more complicated than needed.

I started w/all set to 3 and clean as can be. Then I got greedy and set it all back to 100 ...that didn't quite work out the way I hoped. I settled on 8 and looked like I was in good shape from 3rd to 4th, but then I tried 2nd to 3rd...can't do it WOT on street tires, and it knocked pretty bad. 4th to 5th also at WOT knocked bad (practice for the mile ).

So, I think my conclusion is the flow vs. pressure solution definitely worked...now I just need to get to the track so I can test different rates for injectors and throttle.

The 90% was just a starting point...correct? Any concerns or ill effects if I go smaller?
Thanks Mohamad!

BTW, after many tweaks and runs tonight, I've gone back to the theory that detonation is causing the boost spike. I did see a boost spike w/out logged KR, but I heard the knock...some reason the sensors didn't log it.

I still think I can benefit from slowing down the bypass valve, so still plan to test that when I get the jets I ordered.
Attached Images