View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
Pwner50

Drives: 98 toyota avalon XLS
I also live in Westchester. If you were in my spot (not being able to log in from home), would you go for a Camaro, or just stick to a FWD or AWD car? Just from your experiences of dealing with snow in the area, since it happens on and off.

I haven't been to colleges yet (I'm about to graduate high school) and I don't know what levels of snow they close down for. I guess I'll have to contact the school, but can anyone tell me what their schools usually do?

And I do know about snow tires and the sandbag in the trunk thing, but I don't think snow tires are very good because usually, it snows for 1 day, then the rest of the week the roads are dry and the snow melts along the sides of the roads. This happens once every few weeks, so snow if fairly rare. And from what research I have done, snow tires aren't good for driving in anything aside from snow, unless I'm wrong of course.

EDIT:

And GreyGhost, I guess that is a fairly valid point. I do have a teacher and a student who drive to school/work in mustangs, and they don't seem to have problems (form what I see). I guess I can go ask them about their experiences. If I had to take a guess, I'd say there were maybe about... 4-6 days of snow this winter... I could be wrong, but that's what I'm thinking.

-thanks
Pwner50 is offline   Reply With Quote