View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #12
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Vader, you shouldn't have any problems with the install, especially with two people. PM me if you have any questions at all, as I did mine myself.

Loc-Tite every bolt that has to do with brackets for the S/C, blue, not red. The instructions (on a thumb drive only) indicate just a few bolts. Do them all.

Chase the threads in the intercooler if you have a proper sized tap. Mine had some extra metal in two holes.

If the power steering return line fitting feels loose after you put the stock o-ring on and insert the new fitting into the power steering pump, do not do anything else until you get a bigger o-ring on there and get it to fit snugly. Scrap the Torx head bolt (you'll see it) and get one slightly longer for more grab. Do not overtorque it; threads in the p/s pump are aluminum.

Silicone boost hoses are a pain to squeeze into place. Make sure you have two people when you get to that part. The hose that connects to the throttle body was tough to get on with mine. I smeared the inside of the hose with a bit of oil and it helped.

There are a couple of self-tapping screws used. Make sure to drill pilot holes first and have a powered nut driver to set those screws. Also have a Dremel with a cone-shaped grinder bit on hand. I had a few bolts that didn't want to go through some brackets until I opened up the holes in the brackets a touch first.

Make sure you find out which tune they want you to load onto the tuning device before you get into it. It would suck to have everything done and not know which one of the tunes to download (there are almost 20 different ones on their site) and not be able to get ahold of anyone.

Again, let me know if you have any questions.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote