View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #96
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
It's tough call but I have been going back and forth on C7 or Camaro my self. I am leaning towards Camaro. For me I don't think its worth the extra 12 grand for a 1LT or they extra 20 grand for 2LT (which is what I would really want) plus the extra sales tax then they extra excise tax (we pay local excise tax in mass not sure if you do in NJ) higher insurance. To me I think I can get 95 percent of the enjoyment out of a Camaro that I would get from a C7. Its a constant balance between living for today and saving for tomorrow. I have had a few chances to buy toys and regretted my decision but when i have the regret from spending it was worse then the regret from not spending.
This! No regrets for me on the 1LE. If you don't mind paying the slight 1LE ride penalty to get a very trackable car, then you will like the 1LE. But Z06 performance is above the 1LE with a much more sophisticated suspension and diff, and auto rev matching and adjustable MRC shocks. Can't wait to try it. It might just be me, But I enjoy driving a very controlled car even at 5/10ths. The 1LE also is a very good handling car. It is old school suspension well matched to the tires and the chassis. But technology can raise that to a higher level. So the upside to the 1LE is that it is cheaper to own in the long run with less potential problems. Even forgetting the price savings there is a good feeling to that.

No extra tax here in NJ on the car. But we get completely screwed on real estate taxes. And NJ never even sends you any cigarettes.

I would want to keep both cars. But its not feasible. If I did my dream would be a 416 stroker with a built bottom end, big cam, heads, and 2 inch LTs for the 1LE. Say mid 550s RWHP NA. But building that would cover most of the price difference between the 1LE and the C7 LT1 Z-51.