View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRKLL View Post
Now this makes sense...do you have a write up on how this is done?
I'd like to do this as one of my first mods.
basically even the mild to wild that I installed for a buddy has a piggy back fues tap at the fuse box you use to install it and feed power. so you have to run some wire there anyway.

want you want to do is still put the fuse in line with the circuit but off the output leg of the circiut you want a toggle switch in series with it. baiscally if you think about it is like remotely pulling the fuse. pull the fuse and test wich side has power with the test light. run that to an inline fuse. run the other wire of the inline fuse to the togle switch. then run the other side of the toggle switch back to the other side of the fuse box.

you could accomplish it a couple ways and inline fuse with a couple spade connectors would do the trick. then you just would have the two wires that go to a toggle switch you put where ever you feel like. It would be a real simple mod and parts could be purshased at any auto parts or radio shack.

If I had a car to do it on I would post a write up with part numbers but as one of the one eybrowed pigeon toed rejects that keeps getting his order passed over that is going to be a wile.

I just have borla stingers on my Z06 so I don't have this system anymore on it. there may be a write up an a corvette board though. same principle. I never cared about the fob control that the mild to wild gives. If I am not in the drivers seat I dont' need to turn it on or off.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote