SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
Wrong.

The CTS does 0-60 in 5.7 and the Camaro is lighter/sportier than the CTS

look for the 0-60 to be 5.5 and 1/4 in 14.1
That's going to be at best. And I'm hoping that it could do that. However I'm concerned, problem is most people are looking at the "300hp" part and they aren't factoring in torque. The V6 makes less torque. Around 276ft lbs of torque, give or take a couple ft. lbs. With 3,74x.xx lbs that's a lot of weight and not a whole lot of torque to move it. Also as everyone has discussed the gear ratios play a big factor.

Realistically (however we all have no way of knowing until any info is released)
If GM said that the V6 will do 0-60 in at least 6.1 or 5.9 as said then we're looking at probably a 14.5-14.3 1/4 time.

Seeing that the CTS can do it in 5.8, and seeing that the Camaro weighs less it should be able to do 5.8-5.7.... If that's the case we could be looking at low 14's...

But that's the quickest I think it'll go. Just have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF2010SSMANUAL View Post
After doing more research I think the V6 Camaro might do 5.7 to 60 and the 1/4 in 14.2. Add intake exhaust, 5.5 and 13.9 1/4. Thats awesome for a $25,000 Camaro.
Exactly my prediciton. After adding bolt-ons it should be a high 13' second car... For the price it's pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncertime View Post
I was going to use my Camaro as a daily driver, I would get the V6. It is a great looking car with plenty of great options. But the hot rodder in me needs a V8 and I will do everything I can to get one.

I think that's how a lot of people are. The V6 will be quick no doubt, however there's going to be a big difference obviously between the V8 and V6 so if you have that hot rodder and or performance nut in you then getting the V8 will be your best choice.

If affordability is your primary concern, then that's why the V6 is there, but at least it does performe.